Windows 2D GDI benchmark tools?

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 02:31:27 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm working on rewriting Wine its blitting code using XRender. This
has several advantages e.g. no need for depth conversion, no need for
manual stretching/mirroring, it saves a lot of back-and-forth copying
between X and further various operations will be accelerated by the
GPU using XRender. (For a big part it might eliminate the need for a
DIB engine!)

Right now I'm looking for some 2D GDI benchmark tools which test
blitting performance and other 2D operations and which work on Wine. I
have tried Sisoft Sandra and PassMark but those don't work on Wine.
Does anyone know any other 2D benchmark tools? It would help me a lot
to isolate slow parts and optimize my code even further.

Thanks,
Roderick