Try #4: user32: Windows test request (cursors/icons)

Daniel Santos javatroubadour at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 11 15:46:24 CDT 2009

Thanks again for your feedback and assistance.  This is my 4th revision. I've created a static inline is_win9x() as you suggested.  I agree that this should be in include/wine/test.h.  One minor complication is that some test files define a BOOL or int "is_win9x" local variable, but that is easy to overcome.  A few months ago, I wrote an extensive windows version testing patch for wine/test.h, but I appear to have either mis-placed it or accidentally blown it away! =)

I've added win_skip() messages where tests are skipped on win9x to avoid crashing the and I clarified the FIXME (I hope it makes more sense).  I'm trying to say that we should add tests to make sure height & width are checked since CreateCursor currently doesn't validate the size of the cursor you want to create against the values returned by GetSystemMetrics().

Finally, by Griswold's suggestion, I renamed test_SetCursor and test_DestroyCursor, adding an underscore prefix and a macro that will fill in the __LINE__ to clean up the code slightly.

If you can please run this again on a 9x platform and also an NT platform (XP or vista) I would greatly appreciate it!  I just want to make sure everything is happy before submitting it and thanks again for all your help!

Daniel