winequartz.drv Mac OS X UI discontinued?

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 17:01:23 CDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 4:45 PM, James
McKenzie<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Austin English wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 4:21 PM, James
>> McKenzie<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:

>>> Need to convince AJ of that.  It would be nice to be able to do Mac
>>> builds on Linux and vice versa.  I don't like the problems that are
>>> encountered using mingw32 for the testsuite when building it on Linux.
>>>

>> What problems are you referencing?
>>
> The fact that the test suite was not working properly if built using
> mingw32 vice building it with MS tools.  If this has been overcome, good
> work for the devs.

It *IS* built daily by mingw32/64. Building on windows (last I
checked), doesn't fully work yet, though the test suite it much closer
than full wine (obviously).

>>> Don't know.  I know that Austin English does use a Mac.  I don't know if
>>> he builds programs on it, however.  I would like to see at least one
>>> FOSS project use Obj-C code to support the Mac rather than using c wrappers.
>>>

>> No, I don't have one. I have ssh access to one, but that's it. I'd
>> like to see more testing done on the Mac, but until I get one
>> personally, that won't happen for a while.

> As to testing, what needs to be done?  I would like to see a native
> version of Wine for the Mac, vice the requirement to use X11.  That of
> course, may be years away (I worked with both the NeoOffice.org and
> OpenOffice.org projects with this.  It was a multi-year adventure.)

Daily building from git, reporting broken compiles/compiler warnings
and running the test suite daily would do a lot of good. I've asked
this multiple times on wine-users and mentioned it it pretty much
every OS X related thread on -devel, but no one (with a mac) has done
anything about it.

--
-Austin