winequartz.drv Mac OS X UI discontinued?

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Sat Jul 11 04:44:36 CDT 2009

> I'm wondering if there is a C++ to ObjC library interface that would
> be
> cleaner.

Never encountered any. I doubt it is possible since Obj-C is
dynamically typed (binded) language, which means you can pass any kind
of msg to any kind of obj and it will compile/run. Either you will
receive an "method not found" exception or "nil" as return. It is very
close to what Ruby is. Actually both Ruby & ObjC as based on Smalltalk
idea.

Of course there's wxWidgets for example which wraps Cocoa as one of
its backends, but the wrapper is C++ & ObjC mixture.

I really don't understand why Obj-C is treated as evil, even it would
be part only of Mac platform of Wine and even it is supported by GDB
and GCC on any possible platform :/
Once I thought when moving to Mac that its doggy idea to force some
Obj-C on Mac, while other part of the World speak C/C++, but now I
know that Obj-C is what defined OSX actually and way the whole system
works. So wondering who of Obj-C dislikers at Wine HQ really uses Mac
and really did any of native apps on Mac.

Regards,
--
Adam