AcceptEx patchset comments

Mike Kaplinskiy mike.kaplinskiy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 15:15:34 CDT 2009

I'm looking for comments/criticism for the above patch set. It is
actually not complete yet (glaring FIXME on #6), but it is relatively
close.

Some notes:
Patch 1:
  - needed to handle deferred sockets. We need to destroy the actual
deferred socket without closing the handle.
Patch 2:
  - ntdll seems to keep a cache of fd's and since the accept_socket
change in patch 4 switches the underlying fd object for a socket
handle, we need to flush the cache (is there a better approach?).
Patch 3:
  - needed for patch 4 so accept() can create a socket.
Patch 3+4+5:
  - is a tools/make_requests run required before submitting this?
Patch 5:
  - I don't like it, but can't figure out a better way to do it.
Anyone have better ideas?
  - just realized as I was sending this that there is a problem if
acceptex is called twice on the same socket (the async from before is
not released).
Patch 6:
  - is pretty much the same as the patch by Scott Lindeneau. Just
expanded it and added support for data_len. data_len won't work with
completion ports yet.

Sorry for the continuous spam regarding AcceptEx; I just want to make
sure that this isn't going nowhere.

Mike.