winequartz.drv Mac OS X UI discontinued?

King InuYasha ngompa13 at
Mon Jul 13 11:43:02 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Francois Gouget <fgouget at> wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, James Mckenzie wrote:
> [...]
> > Or maybe job security.  However, we have a requirement that any code
> > submitted to the Wine project be either c or C++.  ObjC cannot be
> > included, however.
> Actually C++ is strictly forbidden in Wine. The only language that is
> allowed is C; and then perl or sh for build scripts, etc.
> --
> Francois Gouget <fgouget at>
>                  Dieu dit: "M-x Lumière". Et la lumière fut.
Why is only C allowed in the first place? And isn't Obj-C supposed to be "a
true superset" of C?
However, even if you build with C or Obj-C, you still would have to build
the Mac driver on Mac OS X. Unless you are willing to grab the Cocoa
libraries and headers to use with GCC on Linux.