winequartz.drv Mac OS X UI discontinued?

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at
Mon Jul 13 12:41:33 CDT 2009

King InuYasha [mailto:ngompa13 at] wrote:

>Why is only C allowed in the first place? And isn't Obj-C supposed to be "a
>true superset" of C?

One of the reasons is that the source base of Wine is already large enough
many parts that tend to bit rot since there is nobody that wants to take
of it after an initial code drop (and sometimes some limited time support).

Alexandre has stated that he does not want any other code than standard C in
Wine project. I think it is a measure to guarantee that there are some
(including himself) who can at least support such code in some way if that
be necessary at some point. Obj-C is very unlikely to be known by many
others once
the initial submitter disappears from family or other obligations.

I've looked at Obj-C code. It looks impressive but I would not attempt to
what the different syntax elements mean.

Rolf Kalbermatter