transl question

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 09:01:13 CDT 2009

Aric Stewart wrote:
> I am looking at the Japanese report from transl and i see something odd.
>
> looking at DIALOG MSGBOX for user32...
>
> http://source.winehq.org/transl/resource.php?lang=011%3A00&resfile=dlls%2Fuser32&type=5&id=MSGBOX&compare=
>

> the STYLE is reported as different, but when I look at the source they
> appear identical.
>
> Is it because the Japanese resource has FONT 9, "MS Shell Dlg"
> specified?  Should that show up as an Error to be corrected?
>
> -aric

These are my findings:

The extra stuff in the Japanese style equals DS_SETFONT. This makes
perfect sense as the Font is set.

ResHacker doesn't show the DS_SETFONT but obviously the raw data does.

I'm not sure how transl should behave. Adding this font is obviously
different from English (US) and hence marked as an error.

--
Cheers,

Paul.