question about RtlGenRandom (SystemFunction036) and urandom

winehqlist at sub.noloop.net winehqlist at sub.noloop.net
Tue Jul 14 16:25:55 CDT 2009

Hello, I just randomly stumbled upon this old mail
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2005-May/017718.html
and I found the FIXME comment about (lack of) cryptographic quality
slightly worrying, so I had a quick look at the gitweb to see
what the implementation would look like these days. Apparently
this method still uses urandom but the FIXME comment has
been removed (in
http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=commitdiff;h=59f2a3312e4c16876b69f9e767b1060beb88c669 )

Just thought I'd give it a heads-up, maybe this is still an issue
that should at least be marked in the comments?