gdiplus errors - how to use a workaround

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 16 11:00:36 CDT 2009

A few months ago I tried compiling wine without all the dependencies that are downloaded with apt-get build-dep wine.
I just used a minimum, as wine asked for them.
To my surprise, in Dragon NaturallySpeaking the DragonBar came up very crudely sketched, but all the buttons worked.
That hasn't happened since.
I was wondering if anyone knew which wine dependencies were responsible for this.

As a wild guess, I would imagine that it involves compiling without support for the fancy functions of gdiplus.

FYI -- using winetricks gdiplus does not work at all. it makes the program crash.