suggestions about MacOS DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH patch

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 11:15:47 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Steven Edwards<winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Juan Lang<juan.lang at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Note that I never said it was the user's fault, but that it's a
>> configuration error.  In my opinion the proper place to fix this is in
>> the library installation itself, or in the distribution of Wine.  Mike
>> Kronenberg's package does that--cheers, Mike--but it's too different
>> from mainline to be considered stock Wine.  A MacOS bundle that
>> addressed this but was built with no patches at all to git Wine would
>> be a lot closer to what I want.
>
> If this would really be accepted by Winehq then we have that solution.
> The build script Austin has been developing on my box provides the
> missing libraries. If we can do releases with it and bundle the
> missing libraries in our package that will solve a lot of problems.

Yes, bundling those packages should be pretty easy. Joerg pointed out
to me privately that libpng and a few others should now fall back to
OS X's preinstalled versions, so the script may need updating..I'm not
sure what else OS X provides off hand.

Of course, those dependencies may conflict with installed software,
but without a mac, I can't tell for sure.

--
-Austin