Request: Packaging component (or product) for Bugzilla

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Thu Jul 16 19:21:58 CDT 2009

Alexandre and I were talking on IRC today about what to do with bugs
caused by packaging issues.  Most of these are bugs in the packages
provided by WineHQ.org and not by the distributions proper (who instead
ship stable Wine versions).  Consequently, users expect to file the bugs
in our bug tracker since there's no where else for them to go.

However, non-packager Wine developers don't want to see these bugs, as
they're frequently just noise and not their problem.  But closing them
invalid doesn't quite help, since otherwise the problem might not be fixed.

That's where the packaging component (or product) comes in - once an
issue is deduced to be a packaging error (say, a missing build dep),
then it can just be reassigned and the relevant packager auto-subscribed.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie