Doing better than barely keeping up with bug reports - Bug Day this Monday (July 20)

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 10:41:35 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Rosanne DiMesio<dimesio at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I suppose I qualify as one of those "non developer volunteers" being targeted for this, and my reaction is the same as Dmitry's. I've been doing exactly what the instructions on the wiki page ask for, off and on at my own convenience, for about a year, so for me this is at best a non-event. That said, if other people want to do it, I certainly have no objections.
>
> The one suggestion I would make after reading the wiki page is that I really don't think it's a good idea to invite ordinary users to ask for bugzilla permissions after triaging just a couple of bugs.

+1

That's how I got started working with wine, by triaging old bug
reports. Great way to get started learning about the different areas
of wine, even without touching the code.

It would be helpful to post this to wine-users as well. There's a
sticky on the forums that roughly describes this (albeit, not as a
singular day's events, but more for testing old bugs that have been
around for over 3 months without any activity).

--
-Austin