suggestions about MacOS DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH patch

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 22:02:24 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:37 PM, James
McKenzie<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Steve:
>
> Look at the includes, you included several header files twice.
>
> This is UGLY, but it is a good start.

heh yeah thats why its not gone to wine-patch yet, I've just been
hacking and slashing, ignore the mess of headers and C++ style
comments.

Its the design I am still working on. I'm curious if everyone thinks
this is the right route to go down.

As you can see I've created the helper to invoke generated bash
scripts that are stored in the bundle to take care of the environment
and the like. I tried looking in to generating of AppleScript app
bundles however there seems to be no documented way to do it other
than to use the Apple Script tool so no automatted method. At a low
level and it embeds its own helper 'applet' program in
bundle.app/Contents/MacOS/applet to invoke the embedded AppleScript in
bundle.app/Contents/Resources. The carbon C file I included will serve
the same purpose for invoking bash and loading our target binary.
Later on we will need to teach our bundle helper how to identify Wine
windows and cycle through them. Currently all my bundle does is give
you the ablity to start a Wine app and have a Dock icon. It's not even
a proper parent....such as if you kill the app in the Dock the Wine
child keeps running. As I said it still needs a lot of love but I
don't see much other way to do it...

Thanks
--
Steven Edwards