RFC XRender add support for dibsections in more color depths

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:58:29 CDT 2009

I just forgot to mention that next to adding proper Alpha support this
patch can dramatically improve performance in some programs.
Especially in some 2D games which suffer from DIB depth conversion
this patch helps a lot. E.g. C&C Tiberian Sun is a lot faster using
this patch WITHOUT any opengl (for Tiberian Sun xrender is better than
opengl). This is on Nvidia drivers which accelerate XRender well.
Geforce6/7 users make sure InitialPixmapPlacement is set to 2 for
optimal performance (this is the default value for Geforce8+ cards).

Roderick