Wine on cygwin

dominik dominik at die-strassers.de
Sat Jul 25 12:36:34 CDT 2009

Hi all,
I've just tried to build wine on cygwin in order to build the test suite
in order to maybe find out why some tests fail on my machine.

configure runs reasonably well, but when the first dll is being built,
hell breaks loose.

The assembler files generated from the .spec files are not accepted by "as".

.section ".init","ax"
yields
a.0dtc3a.s: Assembler messages:
a.0dtc3a.s:5: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character
is `"'

Then there is:
.hidden __wine_spec_nt_header
=>
a.0dtc3a.s:14: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.hidden'

  .type __wine_stub_EditAuditInfo, at function
=>
a.iNk2s9.s:81: Warning: .type pseudo-op used outside of .def/.endef ignored.
a.iNk2s9.s:81: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character
is `_'

and much more ...

Are those Linux-specific assembler directives ?

Does anybody have an idea on how to workaround those ?

Regards

Dominik