Wine on cygwin

Stefan Dösinger stefan at codeweavers.com
Sun Jul 26 02:59:46 CDT 2009

Am Sunday 26 July 2009 01:53:46 schrieb King InuYasha:
> > > .section ".init","ax"
> > > yields
> > > a.0dtc3a.s: Assembler messages:
> > > a.0dtc3a.s:5: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character
> > > is `"'
> > >
> > > Then there is:
> > > .hidden __wine_spec_nt_header
> > > =>
> > > a.0dtc3a.s:14: Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.hidden'
> > >
> > >  .type __wine_stub_EditAuditInfo, at function
> > > =>
> > > a.iNk2s9.s:81: Warning: .type pseudo-op used outside of .def/.endef
I think winebuild has some problems. I sent one patch for this, but more is
remaining. This is a "git diff" from my Wine tree on my windows
partition(mostly used for D3D testing, so there are some unrelated things in
it).

Its mostly a matter of opening the right files in binary mode(Not sure how
much that matters on cygwin though, it does on mingw). Also you have to run
configure with CFLAGS=-D_WINDOWS because of the code in
tools/winebuild/main.c, line 69. I think the correct define to check is
__WIN32__, but I am not sure.