Spotted on Reddit's frontpage [ wine-patches the black hole of code? ]

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 13:01:11 CDT 2009

On Monday 27 July 2009 13:08:44 Scott Ritchie wrote:

> First the patchwatcher tool told them their first patch broke the test
> suite on a platform they didn't think of.

Probably doable, once we get patchwatcher back up.

> Then their second patch,
> which passed, was put on a landing page where another developer could
> click a button and send a review.

Android has a git-compatible code review tool called gerrit, iirc. It looks a
bit painful to set up, so I've never given it a try myself. But even if we
had such a tool I'm not yet convinced it would help much. There's too many
areas where you're not scratching anybody else's itch. And if it doesn't have
emacs integration, Alexandre won't use it ;).

Of course I'm happy to be prooven wrong on this.

Cheers,
Kai
--
Kai Blin