Adding a pedantic version of transl

Paul Vriens paul.vriens.wine at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 08:53:48 CDT 2009

André Hentschel wrote:
> Paul Vriens schrieb:
>> André Hentschel wrote:

>>> I think a Link is enough. And for things like "OK" we can add a
>>> "hardcode"-file with things not to check.
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've finished the first version of the pedantic transl version. There
>> is a link on top of the page where one switches between 'Normal' and
>> 'Pedantic'. This link is available on all pages and all links on those
>> pages act accordingly.
>>
>> As mentioned before the two pages of interest for now are the resfile
>> and the lang page. The resfile page is pretty quick in coughing up the
>> results the lang page however takes some time (4-5 seconds on my laptop).
>>
>> I'm looking for a way to 'cache' the results of the lang page as now
>> the calculations are done on each refresh of this page. Any
>> suggestions for this? Three come to mind:
>>
>> 1. Change the php/data/<lang> files to incorporate the pedantic
>> warnings once a user want to see the full results for a language.
>> 2. Add a lang summary file (for each language) that includes the
>> pedantic warnings.
>> 3. Use a database (SQLite?) instead of these php/data/<lang> files.
>> MySQL is of course present on WineHQ but I'm not sure if this will be
>> overkill.
>>
>> Some screenshots for the curious:
>>
>> lang page: http://imgshack.info/images/e2wsftgyxwt3bxetbbq.png
>> resfile page: http://imgshack.info/images/2w6rs7xm5uggsfplc5ke.png
>>

> for the moment i would tend to number 1
> and to Aurimas column-problem, i would say he is right in a way, but i
> would let the columns be displayed for a better overview

Hi,

Got it now. Somewhere in the Master.sh script I start a php script to
get all the pedantic summaries for the languages (not for the specific
resources, only the modules).

These summary files can be easily used on the index and lang pages. The
resfile page still does it's own pedantic checking.

The index file now also has a pedantic mode:

http://imgshack.info/images/tqp89hxu3sz87d425ye.png

Once AJ is back from his holidays I'll first check with him if he
doesn't mind these extra (145, 1 for each language) summary files. (We
can also have 1 big one if needed). After that I'll start sending patches.

There is nothing in place yet to cope with the number of false
positives. We probably need a per-language list of strings we don't care
about. Per language as for example "OK" is fine in some languages but
not in others.

--
Cheers,

Paul.