gdiplus: GdipDrawString

Vincent Povirk madewokherd+8cd9 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 11:23:37 CDT 2009

I don't know why gdiplus does its own linebreaks. I haven't really
done any work in that area.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because StringFormatFlagsNoWrap has no
equivalent flag for DrawText. That probably means you can't pass it
off to DrawText.

Since they'll probably have to be done differently, it's best to
implement one direction at a time. When you're happy with horizontal
alignment, you can send a patch for that regardless of the status of
vertical alignment.

You should be able to use GdipMeasureString to get the size of the
text. In fact, the alignments will need to be implemented there too,
and it may be better to start there.

Vincent Povirk