Testing with Comctl32 6.0 (and further versions)

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 07:25:42 CDT 2009

Hi.

I'm thinking about adding a possibility to test both previous comctl32
and version 6 (or greater maybe in next versions).
For example if I compiled in a manifest resource for 6.0 I'll get 6.0
loaded on >= XP,
but the best variant for me is to load not manifest aware version first,
then unload it
(if can't be done automatically) and switch to manifest specified version.

Is it possible to do it for example with creating activation context
manually (i'm not familiar with it)?
Maybe it's easier to create another test target (e.g.
comct32_v6_test.exe and its cross built counterpart) -
the reason here is to run existing tests on 6.0 too, probably building
with some #defines specific for V6 version
to tweak test results if there are any difference.

Any thoughts?

Nikolay S.