Socks support in ws2_32

Gabriele Greco gabrielegreco at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 08:40:27 CDT 2009

Hello guys, I'm lurking this list since a pair of weeks but I've not yet
posted here.
I've added socks 4/5 support right inside of ws2_32 library, I've tested it
with various applications and it works correctly both with sync and async
sockets (only TCP). The code works very well also with fairly intensive
network apps like "world of warcraft" :)

At the moment the support is activated by enviroment variables
(SOCKS_SERVER/SOCKS_PROTOCOL/SOCKS_USER/...) and the code is not very clean.

I've seen that wine patches are not accepted if not cleaned up, so I wanted
to ask if my effort can be of any interest for the official GIT or if I'll
have to mantain it for myself on my local GIT (I've written this patch
mostly for personal use since I need socks support to use certain services
cut down by the company firewall).

Obviously if there is any interest to see socks support inside wine I'll try
to clean up the patch and make it follow the specs that the
wine socks support is supposed to have (for instance configurability
through winecfg for example).

--
Bye,
Gabry