Socks support in ws2_32

Juan Lang juan.lang at
Fri Jun 5 15:31:22 CDT 2009

Hi Gabriele,

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 6:40 AM, Gabriele Greco<gabrielegreco at> wrote:
> I've seen that wine patches are not accepted if not cleaned up, so I wanted
> to ask if my effort can be of any interest for the official GIT or if I'll
> have to mantain it for myself on my local GIT (I've written this patch
> mostly for personal use since I need socks support to use certain services
> cut down by the company firewall).

The usual test is whether Windows supports something.  If Windows has
SOCKS support in ws2_32, then certainly, we're interested.  If not,
figuring out how Windows does it and adding support for that method is
more likely to get accepted.  As Steven said, adding new environment
variables is generally frowned on.