[1/5] user32: Added tests for DrawIcon and DrawIconEx

Joel Holdsworth joel at airwebreathe.org.uk
Fri Jun 5 18:49:54 CDT 2009

> I've run your new tests on Win95, Win98 and NT4 (all VMware):

> Is there another way you can detect whether some XP (and up) tests can
> be run? We generally try not to use GetVersion() in our tests.

It turns out that the reason for the Win95 errors is that it calculates
true-colour -> 16-bit dithers differently. These tests can be safely
skipped, on these platforms.

In addition to the errors Win95 has, the other Win98 failures seem to be
the product of my interpretation GetVersion returns being wrong. Easily
fixed.

However, you're saying GetVersion is a problem. Why is that? And how
else is one supposed to cope with GdiAlphaBlend not being present in
pre-XP systems, as well as old-style dithering differences?

Thanks
Joel