Deadlock under Supreme Commander in d3d9 main.c

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 5 23:10:22 CDT 2009

As reported in another thread, Supreme Commander's graphic display slows
considerably (<1 FPS), and if run in a terminal session a large number
of lines are show in the terminal, but one line in particular is
interesting to the poster:

> Additionally, I am using a GeForce 7600GS card with the latest drivers (180.60, I believe - I'm not in front of it right now, but it's definitely the latest)  The error itself is:
>

> Code:
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7e114810 "d3d9_main.c: d3d9_cs"
> wait timed out in thread 001f, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)

This appears to be a revisit of the deadlocking issue as reported in bug 14746, but according to another triage person, this is not so.  I would like to know if code has been moved from x11drv.c to d3d9_main.c that would cause this error and for the framerate to drop considerably.

Thank you.

James McKenzie