gdiplus: Add test cases for GdipDrawCurve [corrected]

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 10:32:23 CDT 2009

Andrew Eikum wrote:
> Nikolay Sivov wrote:
>> Paul Vriens wrote:

>>> Hi Andrew,
>>>
>>> Test crashes on my box:
>>>
>>> Not sure if that was the reason for not being committed though as
>>> the tests could run fine on AJ's magic box of course.
>>>
>> +    /* InvalidParameter cases: invalid count */
>> +    status = GdipDrawCurve(graphics, pen, points, -1);
>> +    expect(InvalidParameter, status);
>> +
>> +    status = GdipDrawCurve(graphics, pen, points, 0);
>> +    expect(InvalidParameter, status);
>>
>> This could be a problem. Count isn't checked on allocation in
>> GdipDrawCurve2(), and allocated buffer isn't checked for NULL too.
> Well, even if the tests cause it to crash, doesn't that make this a
> problem with GdipDrawCurve2 and not the tests patch?  The tests do not
> crash on Windows, which means there's nothing wrong with the tests
> themselves.  If tests are not ever supposed to crash Wine like this,
> wouldn't it be more appropriate to make a test harness that catches
> all exceptions and reports as failures?  I'm just not seeing how this
> crash is the _tests'_ fault.
Sure, it isn't a test problem, it's a patch problem. Any patch (or
series) shouldn't break tests.

> In any case, the problem is as you described.  The return of GdipAlloc
> isn't checked, causing a crash when it tries to access the structures
> it expects to be there.  Would these tests be accepted if there was an
> accompanying patch to fix this defect, eliminating the crash?
Exactly, you should patch code too, not only tests. In this particular
case it's better to check count first and return InvalidParameter and check
for GdipAlloc result and return OutOfMemory if it's NULL.