[Bugzilla]: Refuse to accept comments with big number of logs / back traces

Vitaliy Margolen wine-patches at kievinfo.com
Sun Jun 7 15:56:39 CDT 2009

Austin English wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Vitaliy
> Margolen<wine-patches at kievinfo.com> wrote:
>> The limits are:
>> 20 lines for logs (fixme, trace, err, warn)
>> 10 lines for back traces
>> ---
>>  Bugzilla/Bug.pm                                 |    7 +++++++
>>  template/en/default/global/user-error.html.tmpl |    4 ++++
>
> While I'm hugely in favor of this, AFAICT, this blocks everyone from
> doing so, correct?
>
> What about developers that know what they're doing, or Anastasius?

Developers are not any different then everyone else. Big long posts make any
bug hard to read, regardless who made this post. If developers need to paste
huge amounts of logs, they should think twice if they really need it or not.

20 lines ought to be enough to get the point across. If that's not enough,
one could make two posts. Or add +tid to the mix (as Anastasius does all the
time) <g>

Vitaliy.