gdiplus: Add support for horizontal string alignment to GdipDrawString

Stephan Rose kermos at somrek.net
Sun Jun 7 20:27:06 CDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 19:53 -0500, Vincent Povirk wrote:
> This looks wrong to me. You're only adjusting the left coordinate, but
> in case of a rotation in the world transform, you'll need to adjust
> the top as well.
>
> Also, I think you may still be able to use DT_CENTER and DT_RIGHT
> rather than measuring the string beforehand. Creating a rectangle
> something like the original is difficult, but DrawText probably only
> needs to know the top-center or top-right point to do these other
> alignments. So it should be able to align things properly if you give
> it a rectangle where all corners are the point where it anchors the
> text.

Well it'd have to be top left and top right. Given those two, top center
will be determined by DrawText on it's own when given DT_CENTER
alignment.

Ok I think that I'm really going to have to do is make a rotated test
app to see what happens. Only 'issue' here is that I am not even
remotely setup here at home for writing / compiling any kind of native
windows software. While I have a windows installation, use it like maybe
once every couple weeks for some occasional gaming.

Is there any easy way for me to do this under linux? MingW I suppose?

Thanks,

Stephan