Which virtualization software should I choose

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Thu Jun 11 06:16:52 CDT 2009

Paul Vriens wrote:
> Just upgraded to Fedora 11 and (yet again) having issues with VMware
> Workstation.
>
> VMware still doesn't support Fedora (as a host) and I'm tired of
> fixing/patching things, again and again.
>
> I need to run several Windows versions (95 up to Vista for now) for our
> winetest and I really like the snapshot possibilities of VMware.
>
> Suggestions, recommendations?
I'm using KVM/Qemu with libvirt aka virt-manager. I have problems with
WinNT and NetBSD; those hang/crash during the install. Win2k3, FreeBSD
and OpenSolaris work just fine and I didn't try anything else yet. But
I'm on F9 and once I have a little spare time I'll move to F11. I'll
test it there (never qemu) if that fixes WinNT.

bye
	michael