[1/4] [wined3d] move creation of NP2 fixup uniforms into separate loop

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Jun 16 04:35:30 CDT 2009

Am Dienstag, 16. Juni 2009 10:34:52 schrieb Tobias Jakobi:
> Hi Henri,
>
> I do this for patch 3/4, otherwise the code gets kinda ugly.
>
> Like Stefan stated on the FDO bugtracker: "which can be
> disabled fairly effectively at runtime if not needed" (referring to the
> np2fixup code)
Actually that comment was about the state change trouble NP2 fixups cause -
since we can ignore the additional state handlers needed to adjust the TF2
matrices and call the NP2 constant load code, the NP2 code doesn't add much
burden if its not used.

I for one am not really worrying about one loop more or less in
shader_generate_glsl_declarations. That code isn't part of the general
rendering loop, its only called once per compiled GL shader. Yes, I should
still be worrying about it - long GL shader compile times cause real problems
at the moment - but one if condition more or less doesn't hurt, if it keeps
the code cleaner.

That said, I am personally fine with keeping that in a separate loop. I don't
object to not doing that though.