Is there any way to debug driver?

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at
Wed Jun 17 08:26:44 CDT 2009

2009/6/17 Guan, Xiao-Feng <Xiao-Feng.Guan at>:
>   As we can see that, from version 1.1.23, all application fails to start on
> AMD card. We are going to investigate why it happens. If it is necessary,
> Would you please let us know a little more about the changes of this
> version?
There's a bug for that specific issue filed at It contains an explanation
and test case. Current git versions of Wine avoid the bug by just not
attaching compressed and depth formats to an FBO, since they're not
supposed to be color-renderable anyway.

I'm afraid I can't help much with getting gdb working with Wine, I
don't use/like debuggers much. I think you're supposed to use winedbg
for Wine debugging though.