Is there any way to debug driver?

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 13:41:00 CDT 2009

Well as Henri mentioned a bug report has been posted to the
(un)official amd bugzilla for it with details on the crash. It was
just related to the enabling of FBOs by default and some FBO related
tests.

Regarding debugging I would try to use winedbg and if it isn't
sufficient winedbg offers a gdb proxy method which could be useful as
well. Further it might also be useful to use the Wine ddraw/d3d8/d3d9
test suites. The tests consist of both conformance tests to windows
behavior and they also test tricky d3d functionality which popular
games require. Various tests fail at this point on the AMD drivers (on
windows some also don't always work) and before (on catalyst <=9.3 or
it was <=9.2) some tests even caused a system crash. It would be
useful if the tests could be run as they illustrate a lot of tricky
d3d9 situations.

Regards,
Roderick Colenbrander