Alexandre Julliard : configure: Don't accept mingw32 as target name, we need an explicit CPU specification.

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Fri Jun 19 12:21:33 CDT 2009

Steven Edwards <winehacker at> writes:

> I don't think this change is right. It is a very common convention to
> use mingw32 as a generic convention for 32bit x86. It seems the best
> practice would be if mingw32 is passed then to assume a sensible
> lowest common default.

This is not a configure option, it's the name of the installed mingw32
binaries. They are supposed to follow the GNU naming convention for
cross-compilers, and they do on all sane distros AFAIK.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at