ActiveX support in IE7

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Thu Jun 25 03:35:18 CDT 2009

Hello,

I have been working in this area for the last several days.

It is actually greatly improving. I think the bulk of the remaining work
is in the wintrust area to correctly validate the downloaded cabinet
files. Then the prompting of the user to install these files.

With some of my pending patches if I turn off the security settings for
these things then ActiveX controls start to download and install.

One things that would help are examples of ActiveX controls to try to
run. I have been targeting shockwave and flash but there must be others.

-aric