Removing active maintainers

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 25 08:40:59 CDT 2009

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:41:39 +0100
Ken Sharp <kennybobs at o2.co.uk> wrote:

> There were 300 comments, all removed.  I asked you to do this, between
> 15 maintainers, and you couldn't be bothered.  That is why you were removed.
>
> Doing nothing is no help to anyone, as you have already been told, many
> times.
>
> Yet you're the only one complaining.  Amazing.

If there has been a recent discussion amongst the admins as to when it is appropriate to remove maintainers, I was left out of it. The only official policy I know of is tied to the failure to process test reports within a week, and the automatic mechanism for doing that isn't even working at the moment.

If maintainers are to be removed for other reasons, I think the admins need to come to a consensus about when, why, and how this should be done.

--
Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>