Removing active maintainers

Ken Sharp kennybobs at o2.co.uk
Thu Jun 25 09:18:37 CDT 2009

Rosanne DiMesio wrote:

> If there has been a recent discussion amongst the admins as to when it is appropriate to remove maintainers, I was left out of it. The only official policy I know of is tied to the failure to process test reports within a week, and the automatic mechanism for doing that isn't even working at the moment.
>
> If maintainers are to be removed for other reasons, I think the admins need to come to a consensus about when, why, and how this should be done.

Agreed, but in this case it is a moot point.
The particular application, Steam, often has test results waiting for >
8 days, so all FIFTEEN idle maintainers would have been removed long
before I had to do it manually, had the automatic deletion mechanism
been working.

This is true of all maintainers we have been removing.  More need to be
removed as the test results in the queue are well over this 8 day threshold.

To give a scale of the problem:
There are approx. 7700 program in the appdb.
There are approx 21,730 comments going back to 2004.
If it's not the maintainer's job to make sure the comments aren't tidied
up, whose is it?

I'm not the only admin cleaning up comments.