Removing active maintainers

Remco remco47 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 20:48:26 CDT 2009

I maintain two apps. I haven't updated their status in months. Yet,
I'm not removed. Apparently, this is because no other people added
something to these pages either.

The problem, as I see it, is with the job of maintainer. It's really
two jobs in one: you're a moderator of user contributions, and you're
the page editor. Now, I don't really care about user contributions.
I'll confirm them when they get in my inbox, but it's not why I become
a maintainer of an app. The only reason I became a maintainer for
those two apps, is because I wanted to add notes and howtos. Maybe
that could be governed more like a wiki: anyone (who's logged in) can
change the page, and every edit is listed in a changelog. Just like
with wikis, you can 'watch' pages for changes, which is sort of
analogous to becoming a maintainer. The comments would then be
analogous to a wiki talk page.

Remco