why is Kronenberg's Wine/Mac work blacklisted on winehq?

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Thu Jun 25 22:19:12 CDT 2009

<Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> wrote:

> Yesterday I edited http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/FAQs to be much less
> outdated than before and today I found that Dmitry Timoshkov removed
> all references to Mike Kronenberg's Wine binary distribution at
> http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/

The explanation is here:

http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/FAQs#head-fb45851cc05c63812c5660d1b0216b84a3392a9d

1. Darwine is a separate project with different licensing terms from Wine (GPL vs. LGPL),
2. it's not clear what kind of patches they apply on top of Wine,
3. the fact that they insist on a different name

And promises to rename the product to Wine and change the licensing
differences still do remain promises.

--
Dmitry.