why is Kronenberg's Wine/Mac work blacklisted on winehq?

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Fri Jun 26 03:29:39 CDT 2009

"Maik Schulz" <ladenlokalvelbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> IMHO, it would be sufficient to add a "not supported by winehq.org"
> disclaimer next to the mention. If there currently is no binary
> distribution that packs the vanilla wine tree then you're making it
> unnecessarily difficult to obtain a binary distribution for the Mac OS
> X crowd. XCode is a separate install/download (weighing in at almost
> 1GB) and people are generally less comfortable with the command line
> than Linux folks. I had to google quite a bit to find current wine
> packages for OS X and a link on the wiki would have been much
> appreciated.

In my opinion WineHQ Wiki is not an appropriate place for that.
It would look like WineHQ somehow suggests to download and use
that package, while that's not true. Darwine builds fall in the
same category as WineX, and other Wine forks with not clear or
conflicting licenses, or not supported and even listed/published
patches applied. Users are not welcome to download, use, and report
bugs for these packages, moreover these packages/packagers have
nothing to do with WineHQ at all, and not deserve mentioning, as it
would look like inappropriate advertising using WineHQ resources.

IMHO.

--
Dmitry.