Removing active maintainers

Pauli Nieminen suokkos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 04:51:40 CDT 2009

Hi everyone!

I wanted to give my option about how to solve the problems. I think
the problem is in code instead of in people. :)

Making comments rating system to AppDB would be useful. Simple idea to
make this happen would be add a rate up button for all users (even
guests). select X highest rated comments and sort them by thread and
date.
Then also add automatic system that removes points from comments based
on how old they are. I don't have any good number for this now but
feeling is that for high traffic applications something like a point
per week might work while low traffic apps should have a point every 3
months.
Also give maintainer/logged in users option to reduce rating for some comments.
But still it should be possible to browse all old comments if some
user really wants to do it. (So something like /. style comment system
with few tweaks)

Have fun fighting ;)