Regression on OS X, may not be able to load native dll

Gellule Xg gellule.xg at free.fr
Fri Jun 26 15:55:33 CDT 2009

Hi,

(wine, almost latest git, on OS X)

Trying to test the latest changes on the loader memory management with
Ryzom (which I had some OpenGL related out of memory issues), I stumbled
on the following:

"wine client_ryzom_rd.exe" crashes with the following.

DBG     9 dynloadlib.cpp 211 NLMISC::CLibrary::loadLibrary
client_ryzom_rd.exe : Loading dynamic library 'nel_drv_opengl_win_r.dll'
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: lazy pointer not found at address
0x303d17af in image /opt/local/libexec/wine/wine
dyld: lazy pointer not found at address 0x303d17af in image
/opt/local/libexec/wine/wine
WRN     9 dynloadlib.cpp 45 NLMISC::nlLoadLibrary client_ryzom_rd.exe :
Load library 'nel_drv_opengl_win_r.dll' failed: ????????
WRN     9 dynloadlib.cpp 222 NLMISC::CLibrary::loadLibrary
client_ryzom_rd.exe : Loading library nel_drv_opengl_win_r.dll failed:
Verify DLL existence

The application cannot load the native library 'nel_drv_opengl_win_r.dll'.

winecfg also exhibit these two lines, but without crashing:
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: lazy pointer not found at address
0x303d17af in image /opt/local/libexec/wine/wine
dyld: lazy pointer not found at address 0x303d17af in image
/opt/local/libexec/wine/wine

I checked out a few revisions and narrowed down the issue to be between:
"kernel32: Add call frame annotations in x86 assembly code." (which
works) and "loader: Reserve some more memory to cover the native ole32
addresses." (which does not).

I'm ready to do some more testing if somebody could guide me. I could
already start bisecting through:
loader: Reserve some more memory to cover the native...
ntdll: Release some address space after the process...
ntdll: Don't try to decommit a heap past its initial...
ntdll: Compute the free lists address at run-time inste...

Best regards,

-Gellule