oleaut32: Build language resource files separately

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 05:57:37 CDT 2009

Paul Vriens wrote:
> Michael Stefaniuc wrote:
>> Hello Nikolay,
>>
>> Nikolay Sivov wrote:
>>>>
>>> What is the purpose of these changes? I'm not talking it's wring :),
>>> just interested.
>> Well, Alexandre did the first patch for programs/clock
>> http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/?a=commit;h=aa41526c73a5fbcc2c08a9342107ee76173a2b97
>>
>> so it must be right ;). It increases the resilience as errors in one
>> language rc file do not propagate to the other languages. There might be
>> some other reason but I forgot. Alexandre asked me if I could do it as
>> it is an easy search and replace style janitorial job.
>>

> Well the next steps could be:
>
> - unify the names of the resource files <dll>_<countrycode>.rc
I hate those names. <countrycode>.rc is so much easier to find and access.

> - have make_makefiles do the real work so we don't have to change the
> makefile manually.
>
> (not sure if that first step is needed or if we could just check for all
> .rc files).
Well, we had at one point in time commented out included of language rc
files. If a big change invalidates a rc file (doesn't build anymore) it
is easy to workaround by temporary removing the culprit rc file from the
Makefile.in. If instead all rc files are build and linked automatically
one would have to git rm the broken rc files.

bye
	michael