winetricks does not reset service pack number correctly

Fabian Köster koesterreich at gmx.net
Sun Mar 1 08:43:05 CST 2009

I just noticed that, when testing Lexware[1] with wine, that winetricks does
not seem to reset the windows version correctly (or at least the Service Pack
Number).

On a fresh wine-installation I executed:

winetricks msxml3 jet40 mdac28 dotnet20

When I now start the Lexware-Installer it says that "SP4" is installed (so it
seems to be the setting for Windows 2000), but winecfg shows "Windows XP".

When I run

winetricks winxp

afterwards, the installer correctly displays "SP2".

Tested winetricks 20090227 with wine 1.1.16

Regards,
Fabian

[1] http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=5505