include/port.h: fix a compiler warning on OpenSolaris

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Mar 3 05:00:13 CST 2009

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009, Austin English wrote:

> OpenSolaris defines _FILE_OFFSET_BITS as well, causing a conflict.

_FILE_OFFSET_BITS modifies the behavior of the Unix headers. So if it's
set already, then it's wrong to redefine it and continue to include
other Unix headers because you'll end up with inconsistent definitions.

I think what this means is that there are places that include port.h
after they have included Unix headers and that's wrong. It's these files
that should be fixed.

        It really galls me that most of the computer power in the world
                          is wasted on screen savers.
                     Chris Caldwell from the GIMPS project
                       http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm