AppDB entries are being delete without contacting maintainer by Rozanne

Ben Klein shacklein at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 07:10:59 CST 2009

2009/3/7 IneedAname <wineappdb at googlemail.com>:
> This is why I want a wiki like change log for restoring stuff and checking the history.

A wiki is likely to be highly unsuccessful for AppDB when the focus is
on test data.

Regarding the changelog/history, it'd even be possible to use git to
manage AppDB entries. It's perfectly possible to implement a complete
history without moving to a wiki, but in my opinion only admins should
have access to the history.

Note that history is only useful when entries get edited or deleted.
Most of the time, entries are edited or rejected by admins and
moderators before they are comitted to the AppDB in the first place.
What we're talking about here, one way or another, is housekeeping.