Whither AppDB? (was: Re: AppDB entries are being delete without contacting maintainer by)

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 07:18:19 CST 2009

2009/3/7 Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com>:

> A wiki is likely to be highly unsuccessful for AppDB when the focus is
> on test data.

I would have thought the focus would be on being useful to users.

> Regarding the changelog/history, it'd even be possible to use git to
> manage AppDB entries. It's perfectly possible to implement a complete
> history without moving to a wiki, but in my opinion only admins should
> have access to the history.

At present users don't have a reliable go-to place. The present
AppDB's failings have been detailed at length on wine-devel.

I must confess I am entirely unable to see why history data, or any
data in AppDB, should be restricted.

- d.