Sufficient 1.2 release criterion: passing all tests on all platforms?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Mar 8 11:03:14 CDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Even without any new features, it seems to me that
> passing all tests on all platforms might all on its own
> merit a new stable release.

Grouping platforms by age:
2000 and earlier have 75 rows with red or mixed,
XP/2003/Vista/2008 have 19 rows with red or mixed.

Given how most apps for the last while have been targeted
at XP or Vista, it's quite tempting to say that even fixing
just those 19 rows, i.e. passing all tests on XP, 2003, Vista,
and Windows 2008 (and Wine), all 32 bits,
would merit a new stable release.

It almost feels within our grasp for midyear... how 'bout it?
- Dan