Sufficient 1.2 release criterion: passing all tests on all platforms?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun Mar 8 12:33:52 CDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:
> I don't think tests passing on Windows is a reason for a release, it has
> very little impact on the Wine code. In the vast majority of cases these
> are tests that already succeed on Wine and on some Windows versions, so
> fixing them only involves making them less strict. That's not something
> users care about.
>
> You could certainly make the argument that failing tests should block
> the release, but that doesn't imply that succeeding tests justify a
> release all by themselves.

I've been itching to do another release for a while, since
what we have now is a lot better than 1.0.
Your position has been that what's blocking release
is the lack of a new feature (you listed several, any of which
you felt would suffice).

How do you feel now?   Are we close to having any of those
features, and/or are you willing to consider dropping that
requirement?
- Dan