Fwd: [Wine] Re: The pros and cons of a wiki AppDB

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 21:47:41 CDT 2009

2009/3/9 Ben Klein <shacklein at gmail.com>:
> 2009/3/9 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
>> 2009/3/8 James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>:

>>> If we move to an open Wiki, be prepared to be very busy.  I've seen spambots get past most, if not all, of the verification systems and bomb away.

>> I come from years of fighting vandals on Wikipedia. I know a thing or
>> two about the field ...

> AppDB is not an encyclopaedia.

And, of course, I didn't say it was, so your point is very unclear
indeed. I would have thought the above was fairly obviously answering
the question of wiki spam control, and noting that I know a thing or
two about the area; in this case, the relevant point is that Wikipedia
is a wiki rather than that it is an encyclopedia.

If you're going to pick random unrelated tangents out of what I write,
it won't really enhance communication.

- d.