RFC: Summer of Code Proposal: WINE XRDP Driver

Steven Edwards sedwards at bordeauxgroup.com
Tue Mar 10 12:34:53 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> How is it going to handle DIB drawing without a DIB engine? Is there some
> offscreen bitmap support in RDP which this driver could offload to like
> x11drv?

I believe there is, see:

This client side bitmap caching seems to be along the same line but I
am not sure. This is not really an area of expertise for me, which is
why I propose it for a SoC student. Hopefully even if we run in to a
few problems, we could make use of the existing DIB engine from the
last summer of code.

--
Steven Edwards